poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Playgroup


Today, Letitia and I went for our first playgroup. It was a two hour session a little long for a 18 month old child. She got a bit restless towards the end and kept saying bye bye to everyone. She was bored and she wanted to go home.

She enjoyed the free play session the most.... Pulling almost everything off the shelves, she particularly liked the coloured macaroni. She spent most of time scooping it from one bowl to another.

She wasn't too interested in the singing and the handicraft sessions. I ended up doing all the handicraft myself while she wondered around exploring the place.

I had to sit on the floor for 2 whole hours and that really hurt. My bony ankles and butt were screaming PAIN after 15 mins.

Well I haven't decided if I will send her twice a week, I think structured learning at 18 months is a little unconstructive. Toddlers at this age have relatively short attention spans, they get bored easily, they don't follow instructions very well. They certainly cannot make handicraft. Letitia was sucking on the crayon and the glue bottle most of the time. And most importanly they have not developed skills to play with other children.

Maybe I will wait a couple of months and will enrol her in Jan next year.

No comments: