poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Flying Solo

My child is suffering from mild depression. She misses her Daddy so much she is starting to have nightmares. So I am doing what most mothers would do......I will be taking her to see her Papa in a couple of days time.

I will be flying my baby and me a couple of thousand kilometers to see her daddy. I am actually quite nervous as this will be my first solo flight with a 2 year old child. The last couple of times that we travelled there were always 3 or 4 other adults around. I really hope that I will manage to get there without the entire cabin giving me stares of hatred.

I picked an evening flight so she would have had her nap and eaten dinner. Hopefully she will be less cranky and more co-operative. Her papa will be there to pick us up at the airport. So i just need to get to the airport from home, clear immigration, survive the flight, clear immigration again and retrieve our luggage. Not forgetting that I will need to do all these with a 2 year old child, a stroller and a diaper bag the size of Africa. I was thinking how the hell I am going to manage because I have only 2 hands. I guess I will have to figure it out without losing anything or anyone along the way.

I pray for good weather so that I have two less things to worry about, an umbrella and bumpy plane rides. I pray for good health and strong stomachs against foreign viruses and germs. I pray for strength to go on this journey and return safely home.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

i know how nerve wracking this is but it will be all worth it when the family gets together.
Hope you have a really wonderful trip despite the fear factor.

Crazy Mum aka Ivy Ong said...

I went and came back in one piece. With all my belongings too. It wasn't half as bad I thought it would be. Letitia was great on the plane. Didn't give me any trouble at all.