poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Escalators and Toes

A couple of days ago a child had her big toe amputated becuase her foot got caught in an escalator. The the most "probable" cause was the foot wear that she was wearing which contributed to the freak accident.

I can't imagine being responsible for the lost of a toe because I bought my child a pair of rubber shoes that are so "IT" now. The ugly things that I won't be caught dead in......In fact I contemplated buying her a pair of those yummy coloured rubber shoes since the day she was born. The only thing that held me back was they didn't have her size.

Scary! Scary! Scary! Scary!

When hubby got home today I went straight to him and told him that he will never buy Letitia a pair of those shoes. WHY? IT HAPPENED AGAIN TODAY! I was horrified to read in the papers today that another child got her foot stuck in an escalator. Twice in a week a little to much for me to handle.

I can only imagine what the poor kids went through and I can only imagine the guilt the parents felt. The pain they must felt. The hopelessness they must have felt. While they sat with their feet IN the escalators.

Right now I have this overwhelming urge to ban my baby from escalators until she is 21! Paranoid as I may sound..........at least she will have toes until she is 21. After that she is resposible for her own choice in footwear.

No comments: