poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

DUH


I was going to write about my horrible day without electricity.....but I got locked out by the spam-prevention robots. Wel if you see this post, it means I have been unlocked.

Back to the day without electricity, well today I survived 6 hours in this humid 32 degrees weather with out electricity. Imagine no air conditioning and tele for 6 wholes stuck with a hyperactive 18 month old toddler.

It was a nightmare! Since there wasn't much to do at home, I decided to venture out of the house at least until the electricity came back on.........

Crisis number One:
Letitia was playing with my mobile phone and decided that she should call my sister in law not once but twice. Oops! How she managed to do that I have no idea. I only found out when she called back later screaming, " Aiyo, your daughter called me and I could hear all the back ground noise..........."

She decided to surf the internet with my phone....... Downloading who knows what. By the time I yanked the phone out of her hands she had already tranferred a couple of thousand bytes.....

Crisis number two:
She refused to eat store bought porridge. She was screaming and yelling violently... Protesting to what I was trying to feed her for lunch. But I must say the porridge tasted quite bad, it was salty and smelled like a pig farm. So I had to eat that.............. and I had to look for something else of her to eat. But this little person still refused to open her mouth because she thought that I was still trying luck with the porky porridge. I had do something fast.... before someone thought that she was being abused. I had to search under almost every table at the coffeeshop to look for a stray cat to pacify her, but luck wasn't on my side today. I couldn't find a single damn cat. Just as I thought she was going to have a melt down, she saw 2 birds hoping around and starting clapping and saying "bird bird bird bird". I stuck the spoon into her mouth and the rest was history. She ate all the lunch.

Crisis number three:
Okay, remember the Murphy theory. Well it started pouring cats and dogs as I was making my way home. As little princess' nap time was up and she was starting to show signs of major distress....... I had to put the plastic rain cover over her stroller. HA! BIG mistake! She screamed at the top of her lungs, with tears rolling down her eyes she yanked the plastic sheet over her head and stuck her head out of the canopy into the rain...........Sigh!

All I have to say is thank goodness the electricity is back on and thank goodness for Hi-5, Dora and Bob the builder. I was miserable without you guys.

No comments: