poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Hairy situations


Hairy Situation or rather the lack of it. As you might have noticed by now my baby doesn't have a lot of hair especially in front.....

Not that there is anything wrong with that or at least not to me...... BUT it seems to irk most people including strangers.

You see her "hairy situation" has attracted "well intended" remedies from strangers, friends, shopkeepers, sales assitants, the uncle at the local mama store... They all have their sure to work ways of making her hair grow.

A: Try rubbing brandy on her head. My daughter last time also no hair now you see......
B: You have to shave her.... how come you never shave her? All my grandchildren shave already got so much hair......
C: Put coconut oil.........????????? DUH
D: Feed her pumpkin, see my girls so black the hair.........

Well to all the self proclaimed trichologist out there, has it occurred to you that making statements like that IRRITATES ME. How the hell am i suppose to know why she has selective hair growth patterns. Have they all considered that maybe her sparse hair condition is due to GENES.

You see I did try to uncover the mystery of the funny hair line and growth problem by doing some of my own investigations.....I dug out baby pictures of Dave and myself...... GEE and guess what I found out. Letitia has exactly the same hair line has her Dad when he was a baby. After some probing, I found out from the in laws that Hubby didn't have hair till he was like 3 or 4 years old.

So to all you people out there who are overly concerned about my off spring's hair problem. I have this to say to you. IT'S just HAIR and it will GROW! As a matter of fact I find the lack of hair really cute and full of personality......

No comments: