poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

$300 Hair cut

Today I did the unthinkable. I had a $300 haircut. Okay not just any hair cut. It was a special rebonding thingy from Japan not the usual flat stuck to your head rebonding which you can get for $95. You get jet straight hair but still have the volume and the best thing you can wash and wear and sleep and go out without even combing your hair. Or at least that is what the woman told me.Too good to be true! I don't know. Will have to wait till tomorrow when I wake up to find out.

It was a spur of the moment thing. I walk into the salon wanting to do something to my hair and the salon manager talked me into it. I sat there for the next 4 hours having my hair tugged at and pulled and straightened and washed and washed again. Was it worth it? I don't know. So far so good. My hair is dead straight and I am determined not to comb it.

I however do feel a little guilty for spending all that money. But the woman said that it would last a year. So I rationalised and rationalised and rationalised and decided what the hack. I couldn't even remember the last time I spent 4 hours and a 3 figure amount on my hair. You should have seen Dave's face when I got home and told him how much it cost. He rolled his eyes and his jaw dropped to the ground. He swallowed a huge lump of saliva and said, "Never mind la." I bet you my last dollar he must have been thinking, "$300 bucks on something that doesn't even play music is too much!" Well.................

Enough about my self indulgent day and back to reality. Today Letitia said "Gu Gu" which means "father's sister" in mandarin. And she finally said "Milk Milk" instead of "nan nan" want she wants milk. She also learned how to duck walk, growl like a tiger and walk around like a gorilla.............thanks to her dad. See what one afternoon with Papa and Animal Planet can do to a 20 month old child. I go get my hair fixed and return home to a zoo.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Haha. I have to see you new hair. Happy Christmas to everyone in the zoo!