poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Prawn Mee Adventure

Today I realised that I really have no life. I mean I am so out of it, I didn't even know that the famous Joo Chiat prawn mee moved.

When I was pregnant I had absolutely no taste buds for any seafood, infact I found it replusive. After I gave birth, I couldn't find the time and energy to lug my fat ass from Jurong to go all the way to Joo Chiat with a crying baby just to eat prawn noodles.

Today, it finally stopped raining after 2 whole days we decided that we will give ourselves a treat and go to Joo Chiat for prawn mee. So whole family into the car, we even used our new GPS to help us get to Onan road. Guess what? When we got there all we saw, in place of the coffeeshop that use to sell the prawn mee, was a store room for the provision shop next door.

"It's GONE!" I screamed almost bursting into tears. It must have been so loud because the the guy next door heard me and came out saying " GONE for One year olady lor!"

"Har? Gone where?" I asked. "Follow the road behind, about 5 minutes walk" he replied.

"Ok Ok Ok, thank you!"

With absolutlely no idea what he was saying and where to go, we started walking......... until we ended up in Haig Road Blk 3. "Er this doesn't look right?" I said to Dave. "Let's ask this Aunty."

"Aunty you know the prawn mee move to where?" (in Chinese) Dave asked.

"Follow this road and walk for 5 minutes." Aunty replied.

"Har? Again follow this road. Okay....." I said

Finally we decided that we will drive around till we find it because carrying a 14 kg child and walking around is no fun.

Alas................... we found the damn place. Ai yo it's the coffeshop opposite where Gary and Carrie use to live in Carpmael Road road......... for goodness sake..... next time just tell me Carpmael Road la.....

In retropect, I should have just called Carrie and asked her. She still lives somewhere in the neighbourhood.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

go and eat prawn mee never call us!

Crazy Mum aka Ivy Ong said...

aiyo last minute decide one! sorry la! next time i call.