poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Nagging Cow


Motherhood has turned me into a nagging cow. Everything I say I have to repeat about 46 times before I get a response or before it gets done. Most of the time I just resort to shouting after about the 5th attempt. I remember I use to think that my mother was such a nag. She would go on and on and on all day. I also remember very vividly that I told myself about 20 years ago that I would never ever be like her.


Strange but true, I am starting to morph into my mother. A nagging cow. On and on and on all day. Letitia pick up your toys, Letitia time to sleep, Letitia finish your milk, Letitia where are you, Letitia come here, Letitia time to bathe, Letitia stop crying, Letitia take your shoe out of your mouth, Letitia lets go, Letitia stay away from the fan........... honestly I am starting to hate myself.


I think all children have this built in shut down mode the moment their mothers open their mouth. From about the age of 20 months it automatically gets activated, the selective hearing and ignoring your mother mode. Only time that they respond is when they get shouted at or is told repeatedly the same thing. I cannot imagine having to go through another 30 years of this.


Thanks to my little monster I have morphed into a my worst nightmare.The ultra unglam woman who runs and scream at her kids in public with a jelly belly, bad hair, and ugly shoes. Oh I just want to die!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Glad to know that L is well enough to defy your orders :) Hey you're not giving yourself enough cred. You've shed the pregercy weight gain and if I saw you I'd think what a hip looking mama.

Crazy Mum aka Ivy Ong said...

glad at least one of us thinks that I am a hip mama....;p