poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sambal Prawn

We went to another one of those full month party thingies again yesterday. There was the usual buffet and babies galore. Kids running wild. bla bla bla.....

But the shocker of the day! The proud daddy of the new born baby came by our table and sat down. Trying to make small talk I politely said,"So now your family is complete! One boy and one girl! Wao! Now you can really stop."

His reply," We are trying for another one."

I almost choked on the sambal prawn.

He went on to say,"It's a blessing you know, to be able to have children."

Still trying to recover from the choking. I mumbled,"That's nice...." Trying not to make eye contact because I knew what was coming. "So when you having another one?" he asked. Me and my bloody big mouth. Should have just kept it shut! Stuffing the 4th prawn prawn into my mouth I replied, "Er.....Never....."

Thank goodness his phone rang and he had to answer it.


2 comments:

Carrie said...

That won't be the last of the questions.

Crazy Mum aka Ivy Ong said...

tell me about it. my m-i-l and my mother have been hinting me so ever often