poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Choices

What kind of world do we live in? I was doing some research on pre-school programs that I can send Letitia.... But to my horror I am totally confused and horrified at the range of programs available for toddlers.

I have no idea what is going on out there. There are enrichment programs for almost everything under the blooming sun. Brain Stimulation where they teach 7 month old babies to read and talk. Programs that teach encyclopedic knowledge. Whatever that is?!

I mean this is ridiculous. I am determined to give my child a childhood that she can speak fondly off when she grows up. As much as I want her to have a head start in life I am not about to enrol her in programs that cost thousands of dollars so that she can read the alphabet earlier.

I remind her everyday that I all want is for her to be happy. For her to grow up a responsible and kind person. And that she may excel in anything that she chooses to do and be the successful in her own way by being at peace with herself. I don't want my child to grow up thinking that her value and success in life is measured by the amount of money she makes and by the car that she drives.

So Letitia baby. Enjoy life! Mummy will do whatever it takes to give you the best that money cannot buy.......A happy family that you can always count on and a loving home filled with warmth. Most importantly space and time to explore the world from the safety of my arms so that you can learn from your own experiences and make sense of this crazy world that we live in.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

What a lovely letter.