poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Monday, March 12, 2007

House hunting

Over the weekend we went house hunting. We had no idea what we wanted so we randomly picked a development off Yio Chu Kang Road for viewing. It is about 2 traffic lights from where my parents live.

My parents recently sold their home and are also looking for a smaller place, now that me and my sister are married. They are looking for something about one third the size of their current home.

Low and behold guess who we met while we were house hunting, my parents, they got all excited and started saying things like. " We can buy 2 units in the same block, on the same floor so that Letitia can run from one home to other..."

I froze and momentarily I was actually lost for words. I cannot imagine being neighbours with my parents. They will be in my house all the time. As it is they live in the other end of the world now and they are always in my house. I can't imagine if we were neighbours. They will be in my house the moment they wake up till the time they go to bed.

Yes I know there are advantages living close to your parents. You can off load the baby and go out for a wild night. But so close is too close for comfort. I think 2 traffic lights away is a good distance.


2 comments:

Carrie said...

Running from house to house...hmm I would go for that. My tolerance for this would have to be at least different floors. Not on the same floor.

Crazy Mum aka Ivy Ong said...

Cannot la.....I cannot even take the same estate.