poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Kitchen Pass

For the first time in almost 2 years I am going on a vacation without my daughter. The thought of flying away for 4 days excites me and at the same time saddens me. As much a I really need a break from it all. I can't help feel that I am a such a horrible mother. I am actually leaving my helpless child that is so dependent on me. Leaving her Alone for 4 whole days to fend for herself in her grandparents 3 storey "castle"! Where she can knock herself out climbing the stairs, run after my parents dog, eat all the rubbish that I won't let her eat and not to mention be spoilt rotten with treats and toys that my parents will probably buy for her.

Okay, I am ridiculous. But the last time I was away from her I cried! I cried the entire journey from Singapore to London. I cried every night for 2 whole weeks. I called my mother 3 times a day just to check on her. Not much of a vacation of you ask me. But that was almost 2 years ago, when she was just 6 months old. She didn't really know what was going on.

I hope I survive my Bangkok holiday without shedding a tear. I know that she will be well taken care off and that she will probably be fine for 4 days. But it's such a sad thing for a 2 year old child to find her mummy gone. It is going to be so heart wrenching for her at bed time when her mama is not not around to tuck her into bed and hold her little hands till she falls asleep.

But wait a minute......I remember a couple of weeks ago when we were in Hong Kong, she refused to come back to our room. She spent every night sleeping with her grandparents.

I am sure she is going to have a blast. I just hope that I have a blast too. So I am going to try and enjoy my 4 days kitchen pass because it only comes once every 2 years.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Have a good trip and have a lot of you-know-what!

Crazy Mum aka Ivy Ong said...

you horrible woman.....you know too much spicy food food makes me sick.