poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Full Circle

About 25 years ago, I meet a little girl in school and we got along rather well. We hang out in school and after school. As the years went by we went on to the same secondary school, still saw each other around said our hellos and byes. Before I knew it this girl vanished, I didn't know what happened after secondary school. I had no idea which colleague she was in and we kind of lost each other. I thought about this girl once in while as I looked back on life and wondered what she was doing and whether she was okay.

In University I had to attend a Chinese proficiency camp because I had failed my Mandarin at A levels. So unwillingly I dragged my feet to Chinese Camp 1 year late. I didn't want to do it in my freshman year because I was adjusting and not ready. So in my 2nd year I had to face the dreaded 1 month long stay on campus Chinese camp. Call it fate but there she was, this girl, she was there right in front of me, in the same class! So we spend the next one month together and soon after that we lost each other again after we graduated.

12 years on, never in my wildest dream would I imagine that our paths would cross again. I found her through a friend on face book a couple of months ago.....and yesterday I saw her again after 12 years. She is now a woman, a great mother to 2 lovely children and still the same person she was 25 years ago. Sincere, generous, humorous and a great person just to be around. Our daughters who are 6 months apart became best friends immediately. Holding hands and talking to each other like they have known each all their lives.

So WF and IO have come full circle after 25 years. I am glad we have this opportunity to re-connect after all these years and become part of each others lives again. Thank you WF for a great day with the kids yesterday. Letitia and I are looking forward to our next play date.

No comments: