poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Coughs and chicken wings

Letitia has been sick for the last 1 week. She has been spitting out my lunches and dinners. Will not eat anything that I cook for the last 7 days. So I have given up and stopped guessing what she will or will not eat. Hopefully when she gets better she will want to eat mummy's cooking again.

Her diet for the last one week consist mainly of junk that I would rather not feed her..... but at least she is willingly to eat junk. Eating junk is better than not eating at all. She'll eat chicken wings and sausages for lunch and waffles with blueberry jam for dinner. If I am lucky she will eat a ham and cheese sandwich for breakfast.

No rice, no poridge! If she even sees anything vaguely resembling grains of rice she will open her mouth really wide and cries till the cow comes home! Until off course mummy dearest me found a solution to this anti-rice protest. KETCHUP! Yes! ketcup! Just add ketchup to the meat, potato, fish fingers or whatever she is eating. Hahahahahah! Brilliant! Did you know that many donkey years ago when ketchup was first invented it was given as medication for coughs and colds! No kidding! Go google it.....and see for yourself.

I have also ran out of yellow looking things to feed her. Ask her what she wants to eat....she will tell you yellow noodles. Okay! Yellow noodles is her equivalent of pasta. Long skinny ones, curvy ones, shell like ones, spiral ones, pencil like ones.....we ate them all this week! We've had it with sauce, in soups, dry with pesto, errmmmmm.......how many ways can you cook pasta. we've ate them all in the last 7 days. I cannot even look at pasta now.

So as we enter the 2nd week of running noses and chesty coughs I HOPE that her taste buds will return to normal. I cannot eat anymore chicken wings or pasta.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I think her palate is protesting against all that healthy stuff you've been cooking for her. Hope Leticia gets well soon and starts chomping her veggies and rice!

RandomTask said...

Hey Ivy,

Adnan here. It has been a long time hasn't it. The last time I saw you (my wedding), Letitia was still in your tummy. How time flies.

Anyways, hope your daughter gets better soon. My son, yes son is down with a chesty cough too. Caught it from his cousin. But that has not affected his active self and it seems to even make him more active.

Your daughter really looks like you I have to say.

Cheers
Adnan

Crazy Mum aka Ivy Ong said...

hhahahaha..carrie thanks! you are so not funny sometimes!

Crazy Mum aka Ivy Ong said...

Aiyo adnan!!! how are you! my goodness. the last time i saw you was at your wedding!