poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Goodbye heartland, hello ulu land

We will be moving in a couple of months. Away from the heartland and I am so going to miss the sights, sounds, smell and taste of it.

The "you tiao" or mee rebus for breakfast followed by a walk in the wet market where everything is pungent, slippery and crowded. I am going to miss the wet market's organised mess, its amazing how the chicken stall aunty seems to know everyone and gets everyone order right. And still give the right change!

The numerous coffeeshops just located a stones throw away from each other. Giving us endless choice of food from porridge to western food to noodles and fish head curry. The best part of all its only a 5 mins walk from our flat.

I am going to miss the convenience of having banks and ATMs just steps from my home, not to mention the provision shop that sells everything under the sun. This place is just amazing, we have MacDonald's, KFC, post office, OCBC, POSB, Gaurdian Pharmacy, NTUC, Watsons, 6 bakeries, about 6 coffeshops, Sheng siong supermarket, 7-11, ATMS for most banks, pawn shops, florist, book store, 4D shop, medicine hall, shops that sell party supplies. All these located just 5 minutes from my home.

I am so sad that we are leaving this place...mostly importantly its the first home we ever bought together and our child was born here. We have so many happy memories in this house. It's the only home my child has ever known.

As we get ready to move to our new home, I will always hold dear in my heart this special place that I have spent the last 4 years of my life. A very special place that will never be replaced, my first home in the best heartland suburb ever.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm sure you'll miss the convenience of everything..the mrt, the market and shops and jurong point where you steal some time for foot massages. You made a very lovely home in that small flat.

Crazy Mum aka Ivy Ong said...

i know so sad. i really cannot even imagine how i am going to feel when i finally have to move out. sure cry buckets.