poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

None the wiser

5 years and 2 kids later, I think I can say I am really none the wiser. I struggle everyday just to get out of bed. I try not to exercise my vocal cords so often and off course I try my utmost best not to use the words "SHUT UP!".

I still haven't figured out why young children have to poo poo when you are doing something food related! Like when you are cooking lunch, feeding another child her meal or eating something. Sigh! I have thrown away countless dinners and lunches because I can't bring myself to eat anything after I have had to clean someones dung and buttock.

I did however find out that children from the same genetic pool i.e. same parents, can look totally different, behave in opposites, have distance in their temperaments as vast as the north and south pole. Yet amidst all these differences they MUST FIGHT AND PLAY WITH THAT ONE TOY! Even if I bought 2 identical items they will still fight.

Everyday I wake up just hoping to make it through the day without being worn down emotionally and physically by 2 small humans that I created. The last 3 days have been rather horrendous for me but that is a totally different story. I really think that when they finally grow up and decide that they don't me hanging around them anymore will truely be a happy day for me. Because that would mean that I have done such a great job raising them to be independent, strong, happy people able to look out for themselves. But more importantly I would be able to move on to the next stage of my life whatever or where ever it might take me.

No comments: