poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

5 day work week

I would like to propose that all stay at moms get 2 days off a week. I mean everyone else only works 5 days a week and only for 8 to 10 hours. So why should we work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Hell we don't even get public holidays off. Even on vacation we are not on vacation.

Imagine if you were to stay in your office, eat in your office and live with your colleagues 24 hours a day and 7 days a week for 20 years! I doubt anyone could possibly remain sane.

I am about to go insane. My 5 year old poop in her pants because the anti-biotic that she is taking causes loose stools. My 20 month old vomited 2 nights ago because she had indigestion from not chewing meat. There is only so much puke and crap I can take and clean. So it would be great if I could get 2 days off a week where I didn't have to clean puke or crap If possible not deal with whining and crying. It would be even better if I could go out and not see them for a day or 2.

It really is the most under valued and most under appreciated job in the world. No days off, no medical leave, no pay and worse of all we still get the brunt of relatives scrutiny and criticism if the child is not of considerable size. Don't get me wrong I love my children and my family but there are really days when I wake up and wish I was on a remote island all alone. The luxury of going to toilet alone and taking a shower without having to rush. God knows how many times I have ran out of the shower naked forgetting to rinse the conditioner from my hair because I heard my children screaming.

The tenacity and the mental strength required to stay home is not for the weak minded. It takes someone with extremely strong esteem and intelligence to rise above the mud and be the lotus. So if you think you can get through the day with zero adult interaction, speak in monosyllabic words, look at nothing more than the 4 walls of your house and tolerate heaps of high decibel screaming, squealing and crying. You might want to consider a career as a stay home mom. Please bear in mind that you are entitled to NO SICK LEAVE, NO ANNUAL LEAVE, NO PAY and NO CPF. You however get in return the love and adoration of your children and hopefully the kind understanding of your spouse.

Peace, over and out!

No comments: