poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dieting

For everyone that has been on a diet, is currently on a diet, about to go on a diet and have totally given up on diets. Also for those who are rolling their eyes because I am on a diet. I know who you are and you know who you are....hahahaha..

Going on a diet is not a bad thing. Some people think of it as a bad word like it's vulgar or something. Before you judge and form preconceived notions of why you think I am on a diet let me tell you why.

It's about economics. I am not about to go out and buy new clothes just because my pants are really tight at the moment. I just have to stop eating more than I need too. It saves me money on a new wardrobe and grocery. Brilliant.

It takes self discipline and courage to admit that I have to do something about my eating habits rather than let it control and rule my life. I make lifestyle changes to the time I eat, what I eat and how much I eat. Being hungry for hours and not stuffing my face takes lots of discipline. You see humans only need about 1500 calories a day and 3 meals a day. So don't worry I am not about kill myself or develop an eating disorder.

For vanity, I do it for vanity. I am not going to be all self righteous and say that I am not vain. I am very vain. A decade ago a very wise man, whom I eventually married taught me that....."you have to look good to feel good" sometimes in life you have to start somewhere. If feeling good about yourself means you have to look good so be it.

Staying in control. Like everything else in my life from the colour of my eye shadow to the type of coffee I like. It's a choice I make to stay at a certain weight. Not everyone is going to agree, and I fully understand and respect that everyone is different. So the same rule applies here, if you are happy with the way you look and weigh. Let me decide for myself how heavy I should weigh and feel. What's most important is that you are comfortable and happy in your body. Big, medium or small.

^_^ I am happiest at my lightest. Blame it on the media, fashion industry, men, society I don't really care.

No comments: