poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Gummy Gummy

Took Letitia to the clinic on Monday morning because her gums were red puffy and bleeding. The doctor didn't know what was going on and told me to take her to a dentist. She gave me the number to the pediatric dental clinic in NUH, prescribed some paste which Letitia spits out every time I try to medicate her.

Anyway, I called the clinic and was told that the earliest appointment was more than 2 weeks away. I asked the nurse what I was suppose to do until Letitia sees the dentist. I described to her the situation and she told me that even though the gums was bleeding I still had to brush it. I will only make the situation worst if I didn't brush it, because more germs will get stuck there and make matters worst. I was told to rub the swelling with salt water as well. Okay fine. I'll do just that.

That evening I decided to take Letitia to a private dentist. I was told that it was not serious and it was a localised bacteria infection of the milk canine. What ever that means! In layman terms gums swollen tooth not going to fall out.

Today NUH called saying there was a cancellation and that if I wanted I could see the dentist in the afternoon at 3.00pm. HUH! I told her I wanted to keep the original appointment. We just saw a dentist last night.

She called again in the afternoon and said that she had to move my original appointment another week because the dentist was not available. DUH!

I will wait another 3 weeks if the gums are still swollen I will take her to NUH for a check up.

By the way dental check ups can be rather fun for toddlers. The parent lies on the dentist chair with the child on top and the mirror on a stick thingy that they put into their mouths amazes them more than it scares them. I was rather surprised that Letitia didn't cry. She usually kicks up a fuss everytime she sees the doctor.

No comments: