poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Taxis, Sale and broken forehead

11.50am - Blazing hot sun, Letitia and Me sweating like pigs waiting for a taxi.

12.15pm - Still in the blazing hot sun. No cab in sight. Where the hell are all the cabs?

12.20pm - Called for a taxi. Automated booking system says taxi will be here in 5 mins.

12.25pm - Stupid taxi I booked drives right pass us. I wave frantically. He waves back and drives on...What an idiot!

12.26pm - I call taxi company to try and tell them the damn cab has got the location wrong. I had a sweating 22 mth child with me and I was carrying a diaper bag. Couldn't run after the stupid taxi. Was put on hold.

12.30pm - Another taxi drives pass. I flag it down and left.

12.31pm - Stupid taxi driver calls me on my mobile. I scolded him!

1.00pm - Isetan Scotts. Sale going on about 5000 people in the building. All entrances blocked except the main entrance. Walked round to the front to get in. Went up escalator trying to get to restaurant for lunch.

1.05pm - Cannot figure out how to get to 4th floor where the restaurant is.....asked someone. Person didn't know.

1.10pm - Finally found someone to show me the way to the restaurant. All the entrances and exits were blocked. Accept for this tiny gap on the 4th floor that leads to the restaurants. You needed to James Bond to be able to find the damn thing.

1.15pm - Lunch.

2.00pm - Had to fight about 5000 aunties but I needed to buy something. It was on sale and I was determined to buy it, was not going to suffer the last 2 hours for nothing. As if the situation was not bad enough... Miss Diva complains that her diaper is wet. I had to change her in the middle of the kids department becos I was too tired to fight my way to the changing room. And after that she starts having a itchy fit and my Dad suggested that I cut her dress so that her neck line was not so tight. What kind of suggestion is that? duh! Sometimes i really wonder....? By the way my parents met us there for lunch.

3.00pm - Car Park... 8th floor of Shaw centre. My father forgot where he parked the car! I am still wondering....

Fast forward. .............

9.00pm - Coffeeshop in Jurong. Letitia runs, trips, lands on the floor and cuts her forehead on the utensil trolley of the tim sum store. Blood, screams, cries! Drama! Everyone looking.

9.15pm - At home applying cold compress to head to prevent swelling. Apply antiseptic cream. Put plaster.

9.30pm - Letitia seems to have forgotten the pain. In the bathroom jumping around and kicks the corner of the glass shower screen. Screams, cries, yells.......

10.45pm - Finally the end of a very very long day.

The stars must have been out of cosmic alignment for me today!

No comments: