poo.pee.tantrums.tears.laughter.going insane.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

DAY 2

Second day at school today and the WAILERS! in the class are still wailing at full throttle. They are still crying for the entire 2 hours. There are only 10 kids in Letitia's class and at any one time there are at least 5 parents in the classroom. The teachers are so overwhelmed by the screamers they have no time to attend to the non screamers. So Letitia is bored witless and wondering around doing her own thing the entire time. After about 1 hour 15 minutes. She caught a glimpse of me at the small window and her eyes turned red. She ran to the door almost in tears, "Mummy I miss you...I wanna go home!" I took her outside explained to her that the other children are crying and screaming because they are still young. I told her that she was a big girl and that I will be outside waiting for her. She said OK and went back to class.



I would be in full distress mode too if I was stuck in a room with 5 kids screaming at the top of their lungs. I am so proud of her, she handled the situation so well. The situation in the class was so bad the principal had to come and help the 2 teachers. At one point the 5 wailers were blasting off at about 500 decibels even the school cleaner had to go into their class and help control the situation.



Why do they allow parents to walk in and out of the classroom? Why do they let children who are obviously not ready for school go to school? These poor kids were so badly traumatised I think they are going to hate school for the rest of their lives. I hope things get better soon or its going to affect Letitia. The poor child has to be in a room for 2 hours with 5 kids that are emotionally and psychologically no where near being ready for school. I just don't think its right for parents to force their children to go to school.


There was this old man hitting his grand child on the face with a towel saying, "You so useless! You are such an embarrassment! You so useless! Stop crying!" The poor child was standing there crying and crying and crying like his dog just died. He literally had to be lifted of the ground and pushed into the classroom by force. He was kicking and yelling and screaming....aiyo......so sad....how can they do things like that. It's not right! My heart aches when I see things like that happening right in front of my eyes. But what can I do?????

No comments: